Why so much rage against shotgunners?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Multiplayer Discussion' started by smky215, Feb 26, 2013.

smky215

smky215 New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    Ok so I'll admit I love shotguns!! The Remington, the s12 are my two favorite guns and most maps I do quite well! I play FFA almost exclusively and all I hear is "fuckin cheap ass shotgunner". I don't think people realize the skill involved. Keeping the enemy in an engagement that gives you the advantage. There are plenty of times where I have to turn and run cause I know im out of range to kill. It is a skill just like quickscoping which I personally hate. But I don't rage on it cause it to is a skill and the way I see it is if you've mastered that skill then use it to your fullest advantage. Any thoughts as to why shotgunning is so looked down on? I know people say oh it takes no skill, it's luck. But I disagree it is a skill staying in close quarters controlling engagements to have an advantage. Just wanted to hear some opinions.

1 person likes this.
    • Like Like x 1
    Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Credit:
    FBux767.92
    Players feel its cheap. I agree it oes take skill to keep enemies within range. Some players do not understand that.

theedeadmau5

theedeadmau5 Member

Credit:
    FBux165.00
    its not hard to keep people close to you when all of the maps offered in ffa are close quarters in most areas. the only shotgun that even remotely requires skill is the ksg and the only thing more annoying than shotgunners are campers.

1 person likes this.
    • Like Like x 1
    Bullet Magnet

Bullet Magnet Forum God

Credit:
    FBux180.42
    they just get pissed cuz theyre dead. one shot *BANG* and their dead. its sudden and sometimes shocking when you swing around the corner and find a remington 870 with its 320 points of damage taking your head off. ive actually jumped in my chair a few times it happened so fast. its not cheap it just sucks to be on the receiving end of it. just like quick scoping... the wonder of the one hit kill ruins moods fast. dont take it personal.

Strange Koolaid

Strange Koolaid Respected Member

Credit:
    FBux389.16
    As compared to hipfiring smgs? I agree in most of my shotty battles I either must know I'm on target or do a combination of drop, jump, and shimmy to evade to fire of the opponent. Yes, don't forget the extra effort to make sure I'm well in range and not relying too much on a sure ads. Heck, I suppose there are some excellent shotgun players that are on target most of the game and have a definite advantage, but not I. For me I'm playing fair game.

`3o4

`3o4 New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    why it's so looked down?

cause the ******* range on the remington is way too long

KillerKING10

KillerKING10 Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    Because shotguns are annoying as fhuck to be killed by. As soon as you get in a close range gunfight with a guy with a remington your pretty much fhucked. Say I'm using my PDW and have gotten my VSAT and am 1 kill off my swarm. Because I'm using an SMG I use the VSAT to position myself in close range combat, AKA shotgun OHK range. So i see a guy running up to a corner and I pre-fire him as he makes his approach. Next thing I know BAM!!! I'm dead and thinking "what the fhuck just happened." A shotgun just happened, and there was nothing I could do about it. No swarm for me, just rage at my bad luck that the guy was using a shotty. This is why I get pissed at shotguns. They kill you instantly and give you no chance to win the gunfight... the eliminate the gunfight altogether.

I don't think I would call the OP or anything, they just piss me off... a lot!

theedeadmau5

theedeadmau5 Member

Credit:
    FBux165.00
    i mean they are basically doing what they would do in the real world, close range its a one shot kill. add a few meters and it becomes progressively weaker. this should not be news to anyone, but i concur, it is ******* annoying. **** off and die

NattyGainz

NattyGainz Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    One. Shot. Kill.

eleven1181

eleven1181 New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    they are soooo overpowered i got the shotguns diamond 1st and they take no skill what so ever the ksg is the only shotgun that takes a bit of skill.

DustyUK

DustyUK Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    Lol at people saying it takes skill to use them, Remington with long barrel and lazer sight is the easiest setup to use

Z1gma12

Z1gma12 New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    Shotguns are annoying if the one using them has a 0.5 sec Lag Advantage on you.

No weapons takes advantage of the Lag Compensation as much as SGs do.

If there was no Lag Comp, the rage towards SGs wouldn't be as great.

Roxy Babe

Roxy Babe Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    Shotguns are always at a lag disadvantage fact. They are just flanking you because of your advantage. Otherwise they would fight you head first where you will always win.

Legion

Legion Forum God

Credit:
    FBux4.89
    Even as a lover of shotguns myself i can understand why prople get mad. No one limes getting one shot killed, even I get mad on occasion, makes you feel like you had no way of defending yourself. Snipers can be the same way too.

Kouros

Kouros Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    I admit i rage against shotgunners!I never use them and it seems like half my deaths come from shotguns. They are obviously extremely powerfull up close and if you are in their range then its usually goodnight! That being said, they are only good up close so most of the time i die from them its my own fault cos i should be keeping them at a distance and avoiding small confined areas. Still hate the mutha ******'s tho lol

Z1gma12

Z1gma12 New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    Shotguns can be used to counter disadvantageous lag.
    All those times when you fired half your clip into the opponent, but the killcam said you fired only 1 bullet.

With a SG that one bullet might actually save you.

Roxy Babe

Roxy Babe Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    Especially if you flank around shoot them in the back and wait half a second for your bullet to register. Then you get the kill. The lag advantages hate that. They would rather you shoot a full mag at them head on, and then they return fire and get the kill.

Cod is there pusseeee lol.

ThenotoriousMic

ThenotoriousMic New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    If your lagging you won't even have fired one shot before your killed. Mw3 was really bad for this you hit someone with the spas watch the kill cam and you haven't even raised your gun to shoot.

There's far to much bullshit being said about shotguns if they were that good we'd all be using them but everyone's using the pdw and the msmc. As for the ksg being the only hard sg to use?! Well the rubbish its exactly on par with the 870 ones better up close and the others better at range and that's the only diffrence.

XSlor

XSlor Member

Credit:
    FBux312.00
    You know what's surprising? The shotguns are useless in hardcore o_0

Maybe it's not that surprising...

Strange Koolaid

Strange Koolaid Respected Member

Credit:
    FBux389.16
    This.