Weapon Unlock System

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Zombies' started by flare_blitzed, May 6, 2012.

flare_blitzed

flare_blitzed New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    I know this might inspire some people and p*** others off, but here's a idea that I would like to share with all of you.

For Zombies there could be a weapon unlock system so that you earn experience, earn currency so that you can unlock weapons and buy them in order to add within the Mystery Box.

For example, weapons that come at Level 1 can be a variety of Low Round Weapons such as Bolt Action/Semi Auto Rifles and Pistols and as you Rank up, you can earn more weapons, more attachments for all weapons (even wonder weapons) and traits to the weapons that makes them better. Below I thought of general guidelines on when certain weapons would be unlocked.

Sub-machine Guns (MP5 for example) unlocked around Level 10-14
    Shotguns (SPAS-12 for example) unlocked around Level 20-24
    Sniper Rifles (WA2000 for example) unlocked around Level 15-19
    Assault Rifles (Commando for example) unlocked around Level 30-34
    Explosives (Claymore for example) unlocked around Level 5-9
    Non-Explosives (Ballistic Knife for example) unlocked around Level 25-29
    Light Machine Guns (M60 for example) unlocked around Level 35-39
    Wonder Weapons (Ray Gun for example) unlocked around Level 50-54
    Pack a Punch Machine (1st Upgrade) unlocked around Level 20
    Pack a Punch Machine (2nd Upgrade) unlocked around Level 55
    Pack a Punch Machine (3rd and Final Upgrade) unlocked around Level 90
    Vending Machines (Quick Revive Soda for example) unlocked around Level 5.

All of the types of weapons that can be unlocked will be spreaded out of availability throughout Level's 1 to 100 (for example the MP5 can be unlocked straight away on Level 1, but on Level 72 the UMP can be unlocked to use, so on and so forth) so that it gives the game itself more of a challenge towards it.

For Wonder Weapons, obviously the Instant Killer ones such as the Thundergun, Wunderwaffle DG-2 and the Wave Gun would be unlocked around the area of Level 75 and onwards.

Also you can choose the weapon of type in which you want to place within the Mystery Box. For example you can place 3 Bolt Action Rifles, 3 Pistols, 3 Sub-Machine Guns, 3 Sniper Rifles, 3 Assault Rifles, 3 Explosives (Primary Grenades not included), 3 Shotguns, 3 Light Machine Guns, 3 Semi-Automatic Rifles and 1 Non-Explosive Weapon.
    For Wonder Weapons, it will be locked for customizing within choosing them for the Mystery Box until the Top Level (Level 100) even if you have already unlocked the Wonder Weapon.

For each weapon, they can have their own Level system up to Level 10 where you can purchase attachments, camos (Pack a Punch Camo would be fixed) and traits (for example an MP5 attachment can be Extended/Enlarged Mags, a MP5 camo can be Skeleton/Ghost Skin and a trait can be Unstoppable Bullets, same effect as Deeper Impact from COD WaW).

For a weapon such as the Ray Gun, it can have a Dispersed Blast trait in which the Splash Radius is larger but the splash damage is reduced, or a Focused Blast in which the Splash Radius is smaller but the splash damage is increased. The attachment itself could be Dual Weld so that you have 2 Ray Guns and the Camo can be Blood Red.

For Vending Machines, they can have their own Level System up to Level 5 on where the Perk itself is more effective of the default purpose it is set out for or/and unlock new features for the Perk itself so that it can acquire other roles as well (for example Speed Cola can be Leveled up so that weapons can be reloaded more quickly, and allows aiming down the sight to be faster and recover from down sight more quickly).

There are many more ideas that I can come up with but it would take an eternity to enlist them all. :)

MadCaptainCrunch

MadCaptainCrunch Forum God

Credit:
    FBux322.18
    That would make for a real sense of advancement. Well thought out I like it.

flare_blitzed

flare_blitzed New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    Cheers for that, just endlessly playing zombies and no sort of advancement throughout it makes it dim after a while. So by adding in advancement, you would be getting something out of it depending on how many points you've gathered in total, the time spend in total of the game itself (the less time the better the ranking) and the number of kills performed (excluding Nuke kills) all alter the ranking, experience and money earned throughout the level.

MadCaptainCrunch

MadCaptainCrunch Forum God

Credit:
    FBux322.18
    Then we would be seeing the occasional CoD freaks that play it non stop 24/7 and are 6th prestige in a week or something lol.

flare_blitzed

flare_blitzed New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    or the amount of experience required in order to advance up a level would be massive so there wouldn't be a need for Prestige Levels but only Ranking Levels.

boderic999

boderic999 New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    i would personally hate that no offence but the ray gun being unlocked after playing for about 2 months or so for me, and just using sh*t pistles and stuff would make me only play black ops... :(

The BOSS

The BOSS New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    Good idea. But the original way is better. But 3 PaP upgrades is a good idea.

flare_blitzed

flare_blitzed New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    I'm not offended by it, not all of us can simply pretend to like one's thought, it is better to be honest by it. :D

Kooler186

Kooler186 Member

Credit:
    FBux468.00
    Its one thing to give Zombies guns w/ an AI like that of MW3 Survival, and another to add a unlock system completely limiting the game mode, making it retarded and killing COD once and for all, just saying.

flare_blitzed

flare_blitzed New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    There are those who like the idea and others who don't, everyone is entitled to their own opinions and I don't mind if they are positive or negative. As long as the comments are constructive and have a purpose behind it, I don't mind any comments regardless.

Blackwolf507

Blackwolf507 New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    Super bump.

I honestly like the idea. Yeah it's pretty much the exact same structure as MP but why not? In response to everybody who doesn't like the idea, there's going to be more than one mode to zombies so rest assured that our beloved classic zombies will still be there. This could simply be another mode and I definitely would like to see it. I like the thought put into the infamous ray gun because let's face it it's not going anywhere whether you like it or not. It would add another level of strategy because each setting is better suited for different situations. Just to add on to it, it's range could be affected as well. In which you can sacrifice range for strength and vice versa.

mace0069

mace0069 Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    Sorry if someone's already said but I've just skimmed the thread while I hav 5 mins peace from the wife.

As far as I can see implementing this into the zombies gameplay would
    Also work as a kind of tutorial for noobs if they use a wide variety of guns they might be compelled to just go for the safe gun off the wall and get jugg rather than the mad dash to the box if they know they can manage without they might work as a team and make a crawler and sort out spinning the box for better weopons etc. when there is no hoard to deal with.

Anything that's helps noobs learn how to play is ok in my eyes.

Blackwolf507

Blackwolf507 New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    ^This

ApolloAdams

ApolloAdams New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    No. This is basically MW3 survival with Zombies in it instead of soldiers. I personally don't need to feel some type of achievement other than leader boards to see how I'm doing against my friends. But that's just me people want to see progression then that's why there is multiplayer.

I also find that really annoying as I expect the first time I'm playing to be able to have everything I should and not be crippled because I'm not at a certain level yet as I would become easily pissed.

NukeInbound

NukeInbound Member

Credit:
    FBux162.23
    Your first great idea,ME FHUCKING GUSTA

Awesomocity

Awesomocity New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    i love the idea. they should definitely do something like that. they should also add like a whole separate list of callsigns and emblems to unlock that are similar to mw3 callsigns and emblems except make em all zombie related

A Lord of War

A Lord of War New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    it's a 24 hour game before you get a wonder weapon. no thanks. using an MP5 on 40 takes about 1000 shots to get a kill

flare_blitzed

flare_blitzed New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    Not Round Number, Level Number, I wouldn't say you would have to reach Round 100 in order to access Wonder Weapons, that's just inhuman to do that (unless if you are Syndicate on YouTube).

Blackwolf507

Blackwolf507 New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    I pitty the fool who thought you meant round and not level.

flare_blitzed

flare_blitzed New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    I think some people are thinking Round Number and not Level Number, that's there problem. If I meant Round (which I'm not) then I would of said Round, Level would mean by like MP, and Round is the current Round/Wave on COD Zombies that you are on.