Weapon prestiging

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 News' started by Freeman85, Oct 18, 2012.

Share This Page

Freeman85 Well-Known Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00

Mike New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    I am going out on a limb here and guessing that by prestiging weapons you will be able to unlock more camos for them. That's my best guess.

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    Yes I think you may be right, because alittle while ago David did say that there was a few hidden camos.

Mike New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    Yeah I would say it could be to unlock additional attachments, but that seems a little too unfair as far as catering to people who play a lot versus people who play on weekends or after work. So camo is usually that happy medium where it doesn't affect gameplay, but is nice for a lot of people who want to unlock everything.

I don't see what else prestiging a weapon could do, but I am sure I am not thinking of every option either.

SUPERMAN 11 Well-Known Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    sounds pretty cool, i wonder what kind of hidden stuff there is, create-a-camo possibly.

Hunter Super Moderator

Credit:
    FBux20.97
    Let us worry about duplicate threads. If you see one just hit the report button. There's no need to point it out because then it just starts an argument. Thanks

human junk New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    hidden camos

winchell New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    Interesting, wonder how long itll take to prestige a weapon and get the camos. Ill definitely wait till the camos emerge online because that shit is hard to level up all the way.

xSILENTxSNIPERx New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    This is the first I've heard about prestiging weapons, what does it actually do? Unlock a new camo? Surely you don't have to prestige a weapon to unlock the second camo.

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    We're not sure dude, but David did confirm there is hidden camos, so we think prestiging the weapon is how to unlock them.

PSIII Sulq's Overlord

Credit:
    FBux245.90
    Other than extra titles and emblems, extra camos are probably available that way. Don't know how it would affect Gold though.

This seems pointless, but is a good idea actually. Give players who want to unlock for fun the chance to keep doing it and also give back some challenges for XP.

Junaid Well-Known Member

Credit:
    FBux29.78
    I was told there was a flame war in this thread. Where the fhuck is it?

Hoggsynator Well-Known Member

Credit:
    FBux72.18
    the spoil sports of the forum deleted them.

Dizzy New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    Sounds interesting. And as others have said maybe you will get the secret camos by doing this. I fully expect gold to be the last camo you earn, however. Even though it's been confirmed I'm sure you have to prestige your weapon to get to it.

PSIII Sulq's Overlord

Credit:
    FBux245.90
    Probably comes with completing the Marksman+ and Expert+ challenges. It's sort of a combination of the MW2 and MW3 system. You level the gun up, but to get the Gold (and other camos), you have to go through and do a lot of headshots. It won't be so brutal since you only have to do two weapon prestiges instead of trying to unlock camos at the prestige rank you wanted to stay at in MW2.