third person call of duty

Discussion in 'General Call of Duty Discussion' started by BlackOps, Feb 7, 2014.

BlackOps

BlackOps Forum God

Credit:
    FBux181.60
    i was reading an article recently about sledgehammer games and the developers and it said that after leaving ea they joined activision and started working on a third person call of duty game. it was going well but then west and zampella were fired and they went to work on mw3. i was just wondering if anyone thinks it would be a possiblity that sledgehammer would revive the idea of a third person call of duty. im not too sure because after the fail that ghosts was, cod is going to have to do something great as a comeback and i doubt activision would take the risk.

PSIII

PSIII The Real West Don. (Super Moderator)
    Staff Member

Credit:
    FBux841.73
    A third person military shooter would lean more toward a tactical experience. It's more focused and would not generate as much sales as a regular first person shooter.

MW2 has/had a third person game mode. It was quite fun.

Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Respected Member

Credit:
    FBux185.12
    With character customization, you would have thought they would have brought back the 3rd person view. Might work as a view option. Kind of like a pseudo FOV slider. Could benefit shielding as you can see how well your body would be covered.

kaitheteen

kaitheteen Member

Credit:
    FBux296.17
    I don't think a third-person view would benefit sales at all for COD games. COD games are known as an First-Person Shooter and also very competitive. I don't think a third-person shooter would be as competitive PvP-wise compared to a first-person shooter.