The "GIRL GAMER" topic..

Discussion in 'General Call of Duty Discussion' started by js85, Sep 22, 2014.

js85

js85 Casual User

Credit:
    FBux133.50
    I always see things online about girls, especially on CoD, getting harassed but I've been playing games for awhile now (started CoD with mw2) and I have yet to receive any crude or harassing messages. I call out locations and participate in any conversation, but I don't single myself as an attention seeker or anything. The most I've ever received was comments like "oh it's a chick" or "do you have a boyfriend?" (which is always just jokingly) but definitely nothing offensive. If anything, people are more supportive when I do well (although I don't need it, I'm not offended and it doesn't feel condescending).

I just feel like CoD gets a bad reputation from a handful of bad players, when it's not that bad of a community as a whole.

Chingling

Chingling Casual User

Credit:
    FBux91.82
    I personally have seen a lot of hate in the COD community after being part of it for many years. I too see this kind of trash talk against girl gamers. Some probably just are desperate, but most have just never seen a girl gamer online before. You have to admit that, while a growing trend, it is a rare thing online. I am glad that you are not trash talked as being a girl gamer, but I would not be surprised if you were.