Black Ops 2 Multiplayer Score Per Minute / KD / Camping

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2' started by UoG, Nov 20, 2012.

UoG

UoG Member

Credit:
    FBux2.00
    Hi guys,

Can anyone give any insight on this topic?

I know in respect to KD, anything from 1.2 - 1.6 is decent 1.6-2.0 is good 2.0 and greater is very good.

What's the comparison for SPM?

As someone that plays the objective and is constantly running around I want to know what a good SPM is to obtain.

I know a YouTuber called Xcal who runs around with shottys and shit smgs was able to hold high 300's to low 400's.

Also, do you guys buy it that someone with a high KD who camps is better then some with a decent KD who runs?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Legion

Legion Forum God

Credit:
    FBux4.89
    Idk I have a 1.4 with a SPM of 288 but I would throw out the KDR measure

A.C

A.C Forum God

Credit:
    FBux62.15
    A camper with a high KD is a camper with a high KD.. it doesn't make them any good at the game TBH.

Campers will invariably go 7-1, 6-0, 11-2.. Which returns an awesome KD - but really doesn't tell the whole truth.

1 person likes this.
    • Like Like x 1
    UoG

UoG Member

Credit:
    FBux2.00
    We may be identical players lol.

Last time I checked I had 1.41 KD with 277 SPM I believe?

A.C

A.C Forum God

Credit:
    FBux62.15
    I hate KD... I put a lot of emphasis on it.. and it ruins the game for me sometimes. Moreso given that I held a 2.08 in MW3 (27,000+ kills) and am struggling badly in BLOPS2 - I've already reset my stats once..:(

KD is definitely not the measure of a player.. Average kills, SPM, KD, and W/L combined gives a decent idea of how good a player is.

But these things are subject to lag... and who you play against.. I can pwn noobs all day. But does that make me good? Hmmmm? Performance against similar players is what should be taken into account too. This is often overlooked. To be able to go into any lobby and hold your own is indicative of a decent player.. but then in team based games positioning of friendlies influences how well you play..

You can play in close proximity with friendlies or lone wolf it... in anycase if the friendlies are crap it will have a bearing on your stats.. they can give you away through poor play/not covering/firing an unsilenced weapon needlessly.. and just general all round stupidity (the best is 3 snipers on your team all sat at the same window on Standoff - FML).

-OZ-

-OZ- New Member

Credit:
    FBux208.00
    All stats are irrelevant. Too much is dependent on people that you play with, against, scorestreaks used, and gamemode.

1 person likes this.
    • Like Like x 1
    UoG

UoG Member

Credit:
    FBux2.00
    Completely irrelevant no. SPM can show if someone camps or not.

-OZ-

-OZ- New Member

Credit:
    FBux208.00
    What exactly is the definition of a camper? One might say someone who waits in a corner for someone to run by. other people consider anyone that doesn't move much from an area whether or not they overlook an area. Say they play Demo and they overwatch a bomb site with a sniper. Maybe he's a good sniper. Maybe he's part of a clan and that's his job. Which is why stats overall are irrelevant. Too many variables. Sure a high KD and low SPM may signify camper but not necessarily. You can't compare statistics between two people and assume one person is better or not.

King of Fists

King of Fists New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    I don`t understand how it seems like almost everyone who posts here seems to have a KD of 1.5 or higher. I play dom almost exclusively and everyone, I mean everyone in every lobby I have played the past couple of days is between about .8 and 1.2 (I`m a .9, which I`m totally ok with -- I always get picked off at least 5 times per game by campers which I don`t count as 'real' deaths :)

UoG

UoG Member

Credit:
    FBux2.00
    Because most of the decent-better players come to forums to learn more about the game (class setups, scorestreaks, guns, maps etc.). In return, they get better and therefore have the higher KDs that you see.

MelloFellowSU

MelloFellowSU New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    HA. I used to wonder that. The sub 1.2 guys generally aren't coming on message boards because they're more casual gamers. Most of the game population are casual gamers. Everyone that takes the time to make an account on here is a diehard.

As for the question at hand, I play this game to get scorestreaks and to win. Also I like to hear the teens say "oh my gawd" right after I kill them. That never gets old.

K/d ratio is important in team death match. Any other game, I just want to win, don't care about k/d. If I have to blitz a B flag 10 deaths in a row to get it I will. That's where the real adenaline rush in the game comes from.

xO BloodFire Ox

xO BloodFire Ox New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    I run a solid 1 k/d. In game modes like Kill Confirmed and TDM I have a higher k/d ranging between 1.2 and 1.5 but on DOM and Hard Point I have a lower k/d. Play the objective, dont camp and enjoy. My SPM for Hard Point is the highest its about 450.

If I play defensive I can run a 5 - 6 k/d but I like rushing and getting on top of the leaderboard. Again, just play the objective. Even in TDM, get out there and make kills. Running 20 - 15 is better than running 5 - 1.

xO BloodFire Ox

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    Sorry but I don't think KD is as important as SPM!!! In game modes like TDM it is because this is how your team wins, getting more kills than deaths but in objective based game modes KD means nothing.

xO BloodFire Ox

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    Statistics can't necessarily prove that a person is a camper or not and different game modes use different tactics. For instance, playing SnD and watching a bomb site I would not consider camping but playing TDM, sitting in a corner is!!! And these guys usually have low SPM and high k/d's. This is how you can identify a camper using stats. Look at his TDM stats. If he runs a 3 - 6 kd with a SPM ranging in the 100's then he is a camper.

Fauxost

Fauxost Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    My SPM is 258. Use that as average.

skins_fan82

skins_fan82 Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    My K/D is 1.03, one of the lowest k/d of my 40 friends. but my SPM is 305, top 5 of my 40+ friends...

Though "killstreak campers" can also pad their SPM by not playing objectives and just killing, I still respect SPM more than K/D.

sykojoe

sykojoe Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    My kd is. 80 and my spm is 360ish. Im usually around 1.5 kd on killing objective games though but its all about the score for me. But someone said it right... if u have a bunch of campers on ur team ur more likely to be spawn trapped. So unless u plan to fiend for urself on free for all i would give up the kd mentallity.

laoxshooter17

laoxshooter17 New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    My k/d is 1.12 and my spm is 376. In the past cods i always wanted the high k/d but in this one im more focused on my spm. I think the spm really shows how truely good a player is. If i go into a lobby with ppl on my team with a spm less then 200 i know im gonna lose but if my teamates has at least 240 or higher then i l ow we will have a chance

Skillimanjaro

Skillimanjaro New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    BO2 is all about SPM, and most people lie about their K/D. Just check elite and search for their gamer tags.

My K/D is 1.9 with a SPM just below 400. I consider myself average.

M9G UK

M9G UK New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    KD and SPM bother me, i try not to let it but it does spoil the game slighlty as I'm concentrating on getting my scores up and I struggle

my kd at the mo is around the .9 to 1 and my SPM is 150 - i know i need to get more kills to get my SPM up but i'm rubbish and if i just run around i might get 15-20 kills but i'll have 30 odd deaths

If i take it slow and creep round and stop for a few seconds every know and then I can get more kills than deaths around the 1.5KD ratio but i might only get 10 kills so my SPM is low.

Whenever I'm in a game and look at the lobby leaderboard i'm always at the bottom and it bothers me, i know its only a game but it does get to you.

Another problem I have is all my friends are way better than me so if we go on together my scores are alot worst than if i go it alone.

This has always been the way for me even on MW3 and BO so i've been playing these games for about 2 years now so would have thought i should be average by now.

Any sensible suggestions would be appreciated