Black Ops 2 Multiplayer Question bout the silencer

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2' started by Okc Dozer, Dec 11, 2012.

Okc Dozer

Okc Dozer New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    So my question is what makes it so good besides the fact you are less likely to show up on radar while shooting at somebody. I've noticed a lot of people in this forum run silencer and would like to know is there so other advantage to it.

Okc Dozer

Okc Dozer New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    Also would it be good for an AR and if not what would the best three attachments be for like the an-94

Embustero

Embustero New Member

Credit:
    FBux129.00
    The main reasons I'm using silencer on all of my weapons is both the fact that it stops you from showing on the map if you shoot and the fact that its easier to keep your iron sight over the enemy since it removes muzzle flash. I personally cant handle the AN-94 without silencer since it's too hard for me to keep track on the enemy I'm shooting at...you know the gas/smoke coming out if you shoot, pay attention at it and you will see it very clearly.

Conscriptconspire

Conscriptconspire New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    Yes, It is good on arguably all guns, except the shotties IMO. The benefit of silencer is that you Never show up on the minimap, plus it reduces recoil. never showing up on the minimap is a lot better than you would think actually.

Embustero

Embustero New Member

Credit:
    FBux129.00
    It doesnt actually reduce recoil but remove the muzzle flash so you can track your target easier which makes it feel like less recoil.

Conscriptconspire

Conscriptconspire New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    Pretty sure it does, but either way, it's nice.

OMC-V

OMC-V New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    It certainly gives the impression of reduced recoil, and therefore suits any class setup where you're not equipping a sight
    I tend to use it at all times with smg set ups along with fast mag

Phillaholik

Phillaholik New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    I've always used supressor combined with ghost/assassin in every CoD, but for the first time i'm contemplating not using one.

For the simple fact that unless you are using adjustable stock(which i don't), or hipfire which is only viable in certain situations you have to stop moving to shoot someone. At this point you're going to show up on mini map(because of perma UAV) whether you have a supressor or not.

djscottyk79

djscottyk79 New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    i feel like the kick is less too and the bullets stay more on target... but that is just what i think

StateOfFear

StateOfFear New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    if you come up behind a group of enemies it gives you like a full second longer before they turn on you and start shooting. silenced gun fire is disorienting because it sounds like its coming from everywhere in this game

Dogger

Dogger Forum God

Credit:
    FBux125.42
    Use an assortment of guns with silencer, best attachment in the game. Using a silencer does reduce the damage and range a bit but to be able to sneak up on 3 people and take them out without noticing me is all worth it.
    Favorite silenced weapons are: M8A1, Type 25, Scar, MP7 and Scorpion.

Lemnisc8

Lemnisc8 New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    iirc this was patched in 1.04:

Players using Ghost and a Suppressor attachment will no longer appear on the enemy's minimap while shooting and moving while a UAV is up.

sksm225

sksm225 New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    They do not reduce recoil, most people think they do because of the reduced muzzle flash. But it really feels like they do because it's so much easier to keep track of your target!

Phillaholik

Phillaholik New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    Right, but shooting and moving is the problem. Unless you're using adjustable stock you need to stop to shoot. That's the problem. You pause briefly to shoot and you're on the mini map, briefly but you're there.

Zelos

Zelos New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    Silencer is horrid on the SCAR...

EgeBerk

EgeBerk New Member

Credit:
    FBux228.00
    o ViiZiON

o ViiZiON New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    Never show up on mini map, reduced muzzle flash, and dissorientating the enemy due to them not being able to pinpoint you.... sounds like a win to me

Walter_White

Walter_White New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    i think it is best for groups of enimies also, When you turn a corner and see three guys there and kill the first, you have a better chance of the rest of them not knowing you are there giving you a btter chance to kill them also.

GhettoSmurf

GhettoSmurf New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    I really like the FAL with SF, and Irons, but the SF really kicks up the muzzle flash and you really can't see people at range... So, other than equipping RDS which I find a waste on this gun, the silencer helps the problem as well as being a valuable attachment. Then you still have room for Flak, Ghost, Blooded or Flinch and Dexterity or Tactical. It's a really nice set up for Most game types.