Ghosts News Poll: How much range should the knife have?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Ghosts' started by Legion, May 9, 2013.

?

How long should the range of the knife be?

1. COD4/WAW/BO1 knife range (64"/about 1.5 meters)

31.3%
  2. MW2 knife range (128"/about 3 meters)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. MW3 knife range (32"/about 3/4th's of a meter)

25.0%
  4. BOII knife range (unknown but practically point blank)

43.8%
    Legion

Legion Forum God

Credit:
    FBux4.89
    Question in the title, I vote for COD4/WAW/BO1 range for the knife because it was either to long (MW2) or to small which resulted in inconsistent knifing (like MW3) or completely bullshite knifing consistency (Ala Black Ops II)

PSIII

PSIII The Real West Don. (Super Moderator)
    Staff Member

Credit:
    FBux774.73
    I'm not too sure if the lunge was that short in MW3. I think it might have been the same as in MW2, there was just no Commando.

I like lunging as long as it's not broken or effective on someone facing you.

Desolationz

Desolationz Member

Credit:
    FBux11.53
    Personally I think knifing in BO1 was best. Not too short but not too long either.

Undercase

Undercase Member

Credit:
    FBux1.00
    Waw or bo2 had it right. In black ops 1 I got buzz killed off my blackbird 4 times in a single game by panic knifers

OG1-KENOBI

OG1-KENOBI Member

Credit:
    FBux3.00
    Arm + knife length. For all you people that complain about the knife get over it. It has never bothered me as I have never been killed that much by it to make it an issue.

Fumbles

Fumbles Forum God

Credit:
    FBux24.89
    I say get rid of the damn knife. Do it like they did in CoD3 where you would hit them with the butt of your gun and it was a 2 hit kill. I don't know why the devs thought that a 1HK melee attack was a good idea in the first place.

But, they probably won't get rid of the knife in the next game, so I'm gonna vote for CoD4 style knifing.

1 person likes this.
    • Like Like x 1
    Mr.TonyStark

Mr.TonyStark Respected Member

Credit:
    FBux102.82
    Just get rid of the ******* knife

OG1-KENOBI

OG1-KENOBI Member

Credit:
    FBux3.00
    Have to disagree with you two there. Knife is fine for me. If i was stab either of you two with a 12 inch combat knife you would probably die also so its realistic ;) remove QS'ing before the Knife. QS'ing is the most unrealistic thing in the game after getting respawned after death.

1 person likes this.
    • Like Like x 1
    Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Credit:
    FBux792.92
    Fixed that for you. Don't want to turn this into one of those threads.

Undercase

Undercase Member

Credit:
    FBux1.00
    Lol +rep

Bullet Magnet

Bullet Magnet Forum God

Credit:
    FBux180.42
    i like knifing .... i think they really screwed it up in bo2 and i know it was on purpose but i dont approve. so i guess thats why they dont ask me. id like it to go back to MW2 or 3

samithedood

samithedood Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    It's perfect in BO2 imo

jeszkar

jeszkar Member

Credit:
    FBux79.13

Just a little knife in depth from Drift0r.

Also it's not just about the range I think.

Hunter

Hunter Super Moderator

Credit:
    FBux10,180.00
    Thru the years I've found myself torn over this issue. At first I was for knifing. It really wasn't that bad in CoD4 and I felt it like it was a good game mechanic. Then MW2 came along and completely ruined it. From that point on I've hated knifing. I thought it should be completely removed from CoD because of its cheap unrealistic nature. It was pretty much fixed in Bops I but people had the frustration of MW2 in their minds so knifing got a bad rap after that.

Leaving MW2's knifing out for a moment I'll say this, everyone has an excuse when they die in CoD, "try hard", "camper", "modded controller", etc…… Very rarely do people die in CoD and are ok with how it happened. I think what makes the knife so frustrating to a lot of people is it's an embarrassing way to die. You have all these perks, a powerful gun, grenades, etc and yet you just got killed by a schmuck with a knife. A fücking knife!!! So you lash out, "cheap", "OP!!", "no skill", or some other pissed off CoD buzz word excuse. Point is it sucks getting killed by way of the knife because more often than not you probably could have done something simple to avoid it.

I believe if MW2 hadn't ruined knifing it would not be as big an issue as it is today.

Junaid

Junaid Forum God

Credit:
    FBux48.79
    Make it CoD4/WaW range, but I say completely scrap the current melee mechanic and do either one of these two things:

1) Make it so you have to manually draw out your knife before being able to use it. The current melee button acts as the thing that draws/holsters the knife and the firing trigger is used to stab. Easy, simple fix.

2) Make it like Mass Effect 3 where you can do a heavy melee or a light melee. The heavy melee would take a long time to execute (longer than the current melee we have) but would be an instant one hit kill. The light melee would be an attack with the butt of your gun or something that is quick to execute but takes 2 hits to kill.

Both pretty simple fixes that would be a huge improvement on the current melee mechanic and would eradicate most of the issues we have with it. It really baffles me how neither Treyarch nor IW have done anything like this when it's so clear that the current knife mechanic is retarded as fhuck.

1 person likes this.
    • Like Like x 1
    deebo

deebo Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    I think the early style of knifing was fine during cod4/waw as maps weren't as tight. With the current style of maps I think the black ops 2 style is perfect. If your tight on them the knife does its job, if you add any distance to it you really affect guns on the smaller maps. so I think it comes down to future map design really.