Maps not camper friendly

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Multiplayer Discussion' started by NewYorkHatesYou, Dec 26, 2012.

Share This Page

NewYorkHatesYou New Member

Okay, so I've heard a lot of raging about camping, as per typical COD player complaints, and well, admittedly i haven't been at it that long.

but i almost feel as if this game sort of thwarted out the problem a lot. for one, i haven't seen claymores yet, forgive me if i'm wrong. and for two, there seems to be 2-3 ways in every single building.

so from my observations (and various attempts to camp coupled with getting killed from behind), its not very camper friendly. For me? bad thing I like to camp n' snipe and like it adds a more strategic element to the game. For others? probs bad. just an observation, unless i'm missing something major.

CraftBrewNAJ New Member

OfficerColonel New Member

Camping is a part of the game, people need to accept it.

Conscriptconspire New Member

There aren't as many good camping spots, but most maps have a super camping spot that is almost impossible to kill the guy in. The maps are all long and thin, so it usually overlooks B dom.

Bullet Magnet Well-Known Member

ive seen some guys really dig in so yes there are places to camp. usually though the lone camper without any support is short lived, try keeping someone around with an smg to cover your back and pick up those hunter kills. and good luck cuz ill be hunting you

KILL PILL Well-Known Member

well you have not come across me brother newyorkhatesyou, i love them clays and lay the little buggers every where, boom puts a smile to my face every time they go off.any way you say not camper friendly, im not to sure on that,hijack is a great map for what you want to do i think. played it today and took alot of kills :D on the far side of the ship, you know where you can jump into that little speed boat, up in the room where you can see people spawning is ideal wat you want and you can pick them off easy.just have claymores, scavenger,hardline,and that perk where you can have two claymores would help.1st clay down on the way into that room, 2nd clay on top of that place where someone can come up using the ladder there,now when your 1st clay gets someone run there and replace it with theirs, go back and pick off a few more, boom back again replace it :D i tell you fella could not believe how many times this happened and got nice killstreaks at the same time ;)

BOOSTkv87 Well-Known Member

Yeah I would have to agree with the OP. I have been playing since the release date (as a lot of you have) and I have noticed a lot less camping in this game than previous titles. MW3 had a lot less camping as well. There are always going to be snipers, but that's expected. I don't really count snipers as campers though because in realality they shouldn't be running around in the open anyway.

KILLPILL, I'll give you that one because first game today, I camped up in one of those upper decks on that map and went 18-2, but it was just out of dumb luck that every time I got paranoid and guarded the doors that's when they were trying to come up.

aKuraTe dC New Member

Camping = Tactical position.

Be smarter then said "Camper".

Cheers,
    Dave

Fc_Recruiter New Member

I have never camped...but these maps are a little less campy

got to be fair most of us hate getting owned by a camper :(:rant: but on these maps you got to be good to get away with it,has the saying goes YOU CAN RUN BUT YOU CANT HIDE :D

GenSpall Well-Known Member

I honestly can't remember seeing any claymores in this game, it's all Bouncing Betties, lol! As for camping, it certainly does seem that camping is being hated on. You can do it for short periods of time, but you better scoot quick after getting a kill.

NeverFail New Member

my biggest issue is all the head glitch spots that seem to be located at the end of every flank route.

Makes me play a lot slower than I wish to play. Plus they need to bring back unlimited sprint.

xDEADx Well-Known Member

I would rather say that the spawns are not camper friendly. I notice that usually the spawns are so close that it makes camping a little more fast paced, which is not ideal... typically camping is and was performed at a slower pace.

yeah anyone else notice when the game starts on hijack and you spawn near the boat on the deck on the right at the front of the ship, that another player spawns just behind the corner there you can see his gun :D such a easy kill :rolleyes:

luckybaer New Member

Camping isn't bad. Why all the raging butt-hurt?

What do you expect someone with a sniper rifle to do? Run-n-gun?

no scope those sunobitches

Conscriptconspire New Member

I've been no-scoped a total of 23 times since released. Apparently, I'm a really fat soldier, because that is some bullshit.

Bullet Magnet Well-Known Member

you count? but come to think of it it hasnt happened too often to me in this game. i just cant get past how a sniper is able to shoot me when im closer to him than the end of his rifle.

Fuzzy New Member

Personally, I think camping in this game definitely isn't as easy as it was in previous cods, and for good reason. I can't tell you how many times I'd gotten nukes in previous call of duties without moving ten feet. I know that I had favorite sides to spawn on in other cods (mw3, especially) I've honestly started to appreciate the fact that treyarch is trying to balance the game and make it harder for people like myself (and other good players on this forum) to plain out own every single game without question. As for camping, I've found quite a few spots that are very advantageous and hard to commit an offensive against. I use them mainly when trying new guns and gathering data.