Black Ops 2 Multiplayer I don't see my red dot in both reflex sights..

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2' started by yph, Nov 14, 2012.

yph

yph New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    Had to make a post for this, since it looks like I am the only one. In multiplayer, any reflect sight I have on any weapon doesn't let me see the red dot. I only see a glass with nothing on it. I do see a dot in single player though. Is it a setting that I am missing? Thanks,

Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

Credit:
    FBux1,238.47
    That's an odd problem. You shouldn't have any problem seeing your reticle (red dot) and there aren't any settings you have to change to be able to see it.

If you can try another copy (from a friend) on your console and it doesn't have the same issue, I'd take your copy back to the store and ask for new one...

samithedood

samithedood Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    was spectating someone on search the other day who seemed to have this.

yph

yph New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    I think ill report this to developer, cant google anything on this.. oh and Im on actually playing on pc. Not sure if that means a hardware problem?

TheUser

TheUser Member
    Staff Member

Credit:
    FBux122.00
    You're probably missing a file(s) or they're corrupted. Try verifying the game cache on Steam. It should replace any missing/corrupt files

cizzle19

cizzle19 New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    I am having the same issue, the red dot shows up for a second but right as I go to zoom in it quickly goes away. I am running it using an nvidia geforce gt 330m if that helps.

JayD-X

JayD-X New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    This happened to me when I first got the RDS but it stopped for now. Hopefully it doesn't come back.

miceandgods

miceandgods New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    has the same problem it fixed it self tho

yph

yph New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    I tried this method and it didn't work. The game is updating now and I'll see if it's fixed.

yph

yph New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    it magically works now for pistols lol

onio

onio New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    Hi, I've got the same issue. The red dot and reflex sight are only a window without a red dot. It is pretty annoying.
    I requested help with this case on activision support, but it may take a while i guess.

I also use nvidia gt 330m, windows 7 x64. If anyone got solution for this, please feedback.

yph

yph New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    After a 2.5gb update on the zombies side, now both zombies and multiplayer have the red dot. On the other hand, single player is acting up without the dot.

What is really going on...

yph

yph New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    I am using alienware m15x with gt260m. ok this is really annoying because I had it last night in multi and now it is gone. where can I report this lol

thephucpham

thephucpham New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    I also use a system with a GT330m and had this problem. MP was fixed for me after I played some Campaign. Hopefully it doesn't come back later tonight when I log on again. Also, is anybody running a GT330m experiencing choppy cinematics?

Fellfrosch13

Fellfrosch13 New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    I use gt630m, and i dont have reddot too. I tried updating the drivers but it still doesn't work
    Will it work if I reinstall?

onio

onio New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    @Fellfrosch13
    I guess reainstalling will give you nothing. This is not a problem of missing files.
    This problem it not persistent, yesterday I fixed it (I thought that because I checked game integrity, installed all Windows Updates and rebooted laptop), but when I started game today my red dot was missing again GRRRR !!!
    what I did was:
    - exit BO2
    - go to Computer right click - Properties - Hardware Manager - Graphic cards - right click Turn off / and Turn on.
    - start BO2
    and that fixed my problem - I think only until I wake up my laptop from sleep (I do not turn it off usually, just hibernate for night)

also check this if my trick wont work (remove space):
    http:// community.activision.com/message/413545505

I see only laptop users hurt because this issue.
    I have nvidida gt 330M with 306.97 drivers. Windows 7 x64.
    Share with results.
    BR. OniO

cizzle19

cizzle19 New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    that solution did not work for me. It is frustrating because it comes and goes but for the majority of time it does not show up.

Fellfrosch13

Fellfrosch13 New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    Didn't fix it for me too... :(
    I'll wait till the next patch but until then I am stuck with iron sights .....

Fellfrosch13

Fellfrosch13 New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    I just tried switching to "high performance nvidia graphics" in nvidia control panel, but when i want to launch bo2 mp it gets stuck, the trayarch logo animation wont go on... Do you know what i mean??
    Then i swiched to integrated graphics (intel hd4000) and it works but lags like shit and no red dot again...
    Then i tried to install the latest beta-driver (v310.61), but it says that my system is not compatible although gt630m is supported (nvidia control panel->help->updates).
    Can it be that there's something wrong with nvidia???:confused:
    It looks like i am the only one having trouble with gt630m...

cizzle19

cizzle19 New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    Something similar happened to me. I tried to play around with some settings and then decided to just update to the most recent driver. When I did the game did really weird things and eventually ended up freezing, not opening, getting stuck on the logo like yours and really slowing down my computer. I tried to rollback my driver but it wouldn't let me. I ended up doing a system restore to like the day before because the DirectX install leaves a System Restore point so that worked cause that was before I did the driver update. You may want to try a similar method. On the other hand by red dot sight still comes and goes as usual, really annoying.