hail mary challenge

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Multiplayer Discussion' started by Iwear40cal, Dec 9, 2012.

Share This Page

Iwear40cal Well-Known Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    any of you guys have clips of you hitting this challenge? please no random hawks. i have hit some pretty long ones but never got the medal. i am interested in seeing an intentional combat axe throw that got the emblem... thanks.

Dylan767 New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    Huh? How far away do you have to be to get it. I'll do it later.

HakinIs4fagts New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    It's further than I thought because I've made some pretty long kills and always come up snake eyes

B-KUB New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    Make sure you always fling that SOB as the game clock counts down. Would be cool to see that on the final kill cam. But, I'd be pissed if I were the one killed.

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    thats the thing... i have hit some pretty long ones so im not sure, thats why i am looking for a clip of someone hitting it, but not randomly throwing it straight up... im looking to see an intentional shot to see how far away you need to be. i think im getting robbed on this challenge

sykojoe Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    It has to be all the way across the map. I got it on highjacked and killed someone in the pool on the back of the boat

CallMeTinCup New Member

Credit:
    FBux72.00
    I know that on hijacked you can get a longshot kill by laying down next to the boat on the far left side looking towards the cavana straight ahead. I would try it there, just camp there and wait for someone to peak out of the cavana, but if they come to close out of it, it wont be a longshot. I havent tried it with the axe yet but thats where I got most of my longshot kills just cause I know its possible to do there.

sykojoe Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    Each weapon has a different range for long shot. I got a combat ax kill on cargo on to of the container behind the barrel all the way across the straight path to the back n it didnt work. On hijacked i threw it from one of the umbrellas near the front of the boat and killed the guy in the pool. I got it during my 7th prestige so that should tell you how long it took me. Im 9th now. I also just got the triple cap challenge.

huntedwhumpus New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    kjfgkgkjh

i hit that one in cargo 2.... didnt get it =(..i think it has something to do with the arch of the knife.. ?!?!?! maybe the map?

sykojoe Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    Look it up on youtube almost every one is all the way across the map from one spawn to another.

Im Hudson New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    From the Bow of the boat to a little bit past B flag on Hijacked will get you one.

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    ok, kinda upset. i hit the challenge, but i didnt get the emblem!! im guessing because it banked??? opinions?

Superfly New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    It sucks that you didn't get it, but I bet that guy was all kind of confused when he died... lol.

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    yeah hopefully he watched the killcam :) im just really confused why i didnt get the challenge for this... i saw some on youtube that banked but they still got it, maybe it wasnt far enough since i was looking up as far as possible??? whatever though, it's only frustrating because i have thrown 2104 axes... more than half of those trying to complete this challenge.

Moofda Well-Known Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    I threw some extremely long intended hawks, but it just wasn't long enough. I gave up and threw some into the enemies spawn in CTF from across the map. Sucks, but it seems it has to be that far. It was mostly random but here is the clip.

crawler98tj New Member

Credit:
    FBux67.00
    That's insane lol. But I did get one on summit once the same way u did but that was a pretty small map.

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    well, mine was pretty much the same, dont know why i didnt get the challenge for it.

Casualty1987 New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    Bankshot or not it doesn't matter. I got mine cross map on HC KC hijacked just spawned on C after dying randomly and off-handed threw it towards A, didn't aim or anything. I really wasn't expecting a kill but totally freaked out my friend by having a nerdgasm when Chopped up, bankshot and then.....longshot came up. Seriously 3 days of aimed thrown axes and I get a lucky shot. I was so happy, I almost cried lol.

KILL PILL Well-Known Member

Credit:
    FBux1.00
    yep it feels so good dont it,good job its only one think 2 or 3 would crack me up.

BR1mST0Ne-XBox360 New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    I just got it!! So happy. I don't have any idea how to upload videos, can't figure out how to watch my own games in theater for that matter...BUT I'd like to share what I did:

1) On Plaza, I kept throwing my axes to what I thought was C-Dom (spawning at A-Dom, playing domination on hardcore). After about 2 days of trying without success, I finally hit the "start" button to view the map from my spawn.

2) Looking at the arrow my character was facing, I was able to correctly position myself and point the right way: from A-dom to C-dom from the beginning of the match.

3) About mid-match, spawning at C-dom, I lined up my crosshair. Basically from either side of the map on Plaza, IF you spawn at either A or C (NOT B flag: mid-map doesn't work!!), look to the spotlights pointing in the sky. Go to the corner of the building (on either side you can get on the roofs of the buildings I'm talking about).

Another landmark is the moon - then simply aim just a little above the roof, pointing at the lights/moon - and you should hit it like I did.

I also watched some videos on YouTube that helped me with the angles. Apparently I was aiming too high at first.

Presto! Hail Freaking Mary. Now for the damn backfires...and I'm all set for the Humiliation unlocks!