Flaws/frustrating things in Black Ops 2

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Multiplayer Discussion' started by hehejaja, May 13, 2013.

hehejaja

hehejaja New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    After som extremely frustrating hours of Black ops 2, I scrambled this together and this is some of the things that frustrate me with this game.

And before you answer, No, I do not hate the game. 4 days played and still counting. And no, I do not suck at this game either. PLayed Cod for 7 years approximately and doing good in all of them until. But this game feels way more luck/coincidence based than the others.

1. Maps. I miss the very large maps from COD4 for example, Bloc and Overgrown. Where you could run for more than 10 seconds without encountering an enemy. Where you really could settle down with a sniper and just pick off heads at a distance. Like the start of Overgrown matches where both teams had sniper battles. So fun. Yes, you can snipe on Drone, but that is not the same. Drone is shit. Cargo is shit etc, no really good long range maps where assault rifles and snipers are the dominant weapons. And maybe LMG's. 90% of the maps favor SMGs in this game, so annoying.

2. Probation gotta go, I am getting DOUBLE probations now (10 minutes) for lagging out of games. Fun? No. Not what I paid for. And if people want to PS quit their matches, let them do it? Why ban them for 5 minutes if they are trying to achieve an insanely high KD for example. What are the difference in leaving games normally or ps buttoning? Both hurtes your team in the same way, so why punish ps buttoning....

3. Too much bullshit attachments etc, MMS looking through walls, LMG's with target finders. No thanks.COD4 was back to basics, and oh my god how good it worked out.

4. Black Ops 2 seems less skill based with all these new features, and going for a close quarter gunfights does not seem skill based anymore. It is more determined by how lucky you are with yor hit detection, or this camera thing when you go around corner. Who spots who frist etc. LAG DETERMINES CLOSE QUARTER BATTLES TOO OFTEN. Just feels like I am rolling a dice and hoping for the best when running and gunning sometimes. Dont know how many times my streak have been shut down when I have my sights on a corner, then a guy pops and I'm dead even before I can react. Did not have this problem om earlier games, at least not this bad. Firefights were for the most of the time very fair. Now not even 3 or 4 bars ingame can save me from this sometimes.

5. Broken camera. How did this even get in the game? No Cod before this had this problem, as far as I know. It REALLY ruins the idea of coming quick around corners, even in split screen.

6. Lag and hit detection. Can change your entire match if is is not in your favour. Very annoying, but little Treyarch can do here maybe? Atleast about the lag.

7. Too easy to get golden guns. And every weapon can be golden, liked it better when it was only one weapon in each category that could be golden.

8. Objective based game. Try to achieve a swarm without capturing objectives every game. Try to go on a almost 19 gunstreak every game and see how far you go. It is almost like Treyarch is forcing us too play every game mode with the objective in mind. To get high scorestreaks, you HAVE to play for the damn team.

10. SMG's dominate the game. They are superior to every other gun, simple as that. And you can use them on every map and do good. WIsh the assault rifles were as good as in the old MW games (1 and 2). Like the M16, complete beast.

12. Spawnings system is horrible. Played Dom on Yemen, and the spawns were flipped in the first minute of the game. Absolutely ridicolous. Did not even have the B flag before spawns were flipped. On Nuketown they flip every 15 seconds, opposite teams are spawning next to each other etc. This leads to chaotic matches where you never really have control of the opposite team unless you have UAV/VSAT.

11. That's about it, atleast what I can think of at this moment of frustration.
    Constructive feedback would be nice!!

Bullet Magnet

Bullet Magnet Forum God

Credit:
    FBux180.42
    #8 you hate being a team player? isnt that what FFA and TDM are for?

#10 if they are that good .... use one?

#7 affects your game play how?

#2 because it ruins other peoples games as well.

#12 spawning isnt as bad as MW3 and if theyve flipped thats your teammates who did that.

#'s 4,5 & 6 are pretty muchh the same thing.

solution...sell it before the value drops any further.

hehejaja

hehejaja New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    And what about the attachments and maps? You're perfectly happy with all that? And yes, I had to adapt to SMG's because I found that too work out best. But the game includes 4 other type of weapons that also should have maps that they fully function on. They could just screw the other weapons and not include them then, if that's what you mean?

Bullet Magnet

Bullet Magnet Forum God

Credit:
    FBux180.42
    you seem to hate everything about the game. so why play? millions of people use assault rifles , lmgs , shotguns and sniper rifles everyday and have success.

hehejaja

hehejaja New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    Found myself in a circle of negativity around this game atm, dont know why..
    Everything gets on my nerves. BUT THE LACK OF LONG RANGE MAPS IS ANNOYING. Looking more and more forward to Ghosts right now, hope IW can make a classic like COD4. Hope they think a bit new and revolutionary, not drag Cod series farther down the drain.

Best Cod games:
    MW
    MW2
    Black Ops 2/MW3
    Black Ops 1
    Waw

Jimmah

Jimmah Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    COD has changed over the years as has the age of gamers. Maybe for the good or the bad I'm not sure. Maybe your too old for COD now?

DonKilla

DonKilla Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    I will only address some
    1. long range weapons can dominate man just have to set up with a good team but in most cases lmg usage results in spawn rape on maps like nuketown, hijack, slums, etc. (Actually this may be a
    flaw so won't mention more)

3. There are attachments and there are perks to counter them I don't see the issue
    5. :bowdown:
    6.:bowdown:

7. WTF (not sure of whats your beef)

12. The spawn rape in this game is ridiculous and I don't have an answer for it besides don't let it happen or better yet do it first

10. NO, talk to people that felt the wrath of pre-nerf fal auto. (Seriously every gun in this game is competitive besides maybe the executioner. Pistols and shotguns shit on every smg if you are talking cqc. ARs and LMGs shit on smgs at range. SMGs are in the middle able to adapt in many situations but get destroyed by weapons specializing in a particular niche

8. Thought playing objective was a good thing, I didn't play earlier CODs but many that did seem to complain about people just killing shit and ignoring the objective (I can't form a real opinion without experiencing the earlier games)(Real reason I never bought a COD was because I watched a friend of mine sit in a corner with ghost and call in dogs for 5 matches in a row, game didn't seem all that great to me at the time)

Elum

Elum Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    For me, the 2 things that annoy me are

1) Knifing/hit detection especially against an assault shield.

2) Not sure if they fixed the c4 glitch where sometimes it did no damage to someone even if they weren't using flak jacket.

Undercase

Undercase Member

Credit:
    FBux1.00
    They fixed the c4 glitch. I don't agree with you on the smgs dominate the game. They did in the beginning but treyarch has been needing them every patch while buffing everything else every patch I think the snipers shotguns and lmgs are the best weapon classes. I have a 1.70 with the an94 but only a 1.21 with the msmc also why did they make the suppressor so ugly on that gun lmao but I'm not gonna correct anything else because I can tell your pissed and we can get illogical when we are.

hsten

hsten Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    I agree with the maps thing. Large maps were so much more fun. I loved Bloc and Overgrown. And the ones from WaW Outskirts, Roundhouse, Makin etc.

Everything else no. Maybe the target finder attachment though..