Black Ops 2 Multiplayer Explaining Lag Compensation and Networking

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2' started by TheUser, Jan 19, 2013.

SuicideDrug

SuicideDrug New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    wqow this was surprisingly interesting and explained alot :D

AFRENCH

AFRENCH New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    BUMP

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

AFRENCH

AFRENCH New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    Also, (a little off topic but it applies) a lot of people don't understand how important it is to have the proper DNS servers for your router to function at peak efficiency. I did a test last night with the default DNS vs. the DNS servers I use and saw over 10mbps difference in bandwidth (download) and 2mbps (upload).

AFRENCH

AFRENCH New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    I miss the good old Counter-Strike (PC) days...when the mod first came out for Half-Life it was amazing and at that time all I had was 56K dial-up haha. Was I at a disadvantage?..yes. Did I complain?..no. Was I still having crap tons of fun?..yes. Eventually we got DSL and then cable and it was ridiculously fun and amazing. The answer: get the F over it or buy better Internet. Activision is only concerned with making money, selling copies of the game, and "making it fair". They will never get rid of lag compensation. I guess we should all get crap ass Internet connections and take advantage...

Badass

Badass New Member

Credit:
    FBux155.00
    Ty for the info...very informative...now I realize its just my fault that I suck at cod.

1 person likes this.
    • Like Like x 1
    kcvaliant

kcvaliant Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    Yea. I am in a conundrum.

Bought a new house, tv, xbox and better internet.

Went from my launch 360 (never red ringed), old 57in box big screen 25mbps to a newer halo 4 360 edition(seems to work faster) 60 vizio and 50 mbps.

I am getting my ass handed to me know. Enemies are teleporting, everyone is running twice as fast as me. Cant scope them. Cant even camp them. Have to pray and spray a whole clip to just get a kill.

I have tried adjusting tv settings for video lag. Port settings to manual (8.8.8.8)
    I am at a loss on how to fix this.

You would figure with better equipment I would see a slight increase or me hosting more. Not the beat down.

Any other things I can try to fix this?

JBModz

JBModz Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    nat type? connection settings any/normal/best? remember bandwidth is not speed, its an 8 lane highway instead of 4, still going 75. more lanes = more devices at once. i recently moved, went from 25/25 fios to 30/3 brighthouse. i managed to keep my kd to about 1.3 by never winning a hed to head, actually i never saw bullets or a gun fire from the guy that killed me. its just: pull up gun, shoot, first 5 or so bullets do nothing, maybe 2-3 hit markers then i just fall. the kill cam shows him turn, aim and shoot me in the face. as i die his screen turns a bit red from my hit markers but my gun never fired on his screen... only solution i have found to make it almost even is to slow your internet. yes, slower or less "lanes". i have a second router setup just for my ps3 and i can adjust my internet down to 54k if i want. play with the numbers and see what works in your area, my guess is 1g down and between 200-400kb up. any $30 netgear, d link, linksys etc will do. its not beast mode in any way, just fair. now, i actually get red on the screen before i die and have time to run or shoot back sometimes. much less frustrating. hope that helps.