Ghosts News Eminem's Song

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Ghosts' started by Pitch, Nov 30, 2015.

Pitch

Pitch New Member

Credit:
    FBux145.38
    Old news, but I loved the fact that Eminem's song, "Survival" was actually nominated as one of the best songs to represent a video game. It didn't win, but I still think it's the perfect song, and deserved a nomination.

Armando

Armando Casual User

Credit:
    FBux291.51
    Call of Duty Ghosts is one of the first things I think about when I listen to that song. I'd say it did its job perfectly. :p

liam66

liam66 New Member

Credit:
    FBux148.50
    It was a good representation, but I was a little childish and kinda hated Eminem for "selling out". Absurd now when I look at it, but I was used to some great songs from him, and this one didn't feel like his song, you know what I mean? Great song though.

FuZyOn

FuZyOn Frequent Poster

Credit:
    FBux400.10
    Honestly, I don't think Eminem sold out. Seriously, he's a multi-millionare, he doesn't need anymore money. He probably just enjoyed the game, wanted to do a song for it and Call of Duty paid him for it. I wouldn't call him a sellout..

liam66

liam66 New Member

Credit:
    FBux148.50
    Like I said, I might've been a little childish in calling Eminem a sellout for that song, it's just that he really doesn't strike me like a guy who enjoys playing video games. But maybe he did enjoy Call of Duty so he made the song. I don't know.

FuZyOn

FuZyOn Frequent Poster

Credit:
    FBux400.10
    Well, appearances are sometimes wrong. With all of this out of the way, I'd say the song was still decent though as you've said: not his style.

liam66

liam66 New Member

Credit:
    FBux148.50
    Well yeah, but the dude's versatile, you know what I mean? He can pull off a lot of different styles as far as rap goes. Just look at his early stuff compared to what he does now, huge difference and I think both are good in their own way.

FuZyOn

FuZyOn Frequent Poster

Credit:
    FBux400.10
    Definitely. Even when he was younger and more angsty he was still able to put out different styles. Every album of his has a different background and mindset. I love the new Eminem as well, he is now more focused on inspiring and motivating people.

Money702

Money702 New Member

Credit:
    FBux12.40
    I'm a little tired off the Eminem songs. That song kind of got played out. I'd rather they had used a 'Run the Jewels' song for the game.

liam66

liam66 New Member

Credit:
    FBux148.50
    Yeah, definitely. I like the Eminem. Old one had some pretty good motivational songs. Till I Collapse has to be the single most motivating songs in rap IMO. I think his older song Soldier would be a lot better fit for the game, but then again, that wouldn't have made money for anybody.

ned

ned New Member

Credit:
    FBux26.89
    It's a good song and it deserved the nomination. I don't see the big deal with it being Eminem's song really.

GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Well-Known User

Credit:
    FBux148.53
    I honestly hate that music video. His song is fantastic, as was 80% of the songs on MMLP2, but the video is terrible. It's nothing other than a long commercial for Ghosts. Sellout is what I think about when I think about that video.

ellyjude

ellyjude New Member

Credit:
    FBux88.74
    People have different tastes. For some, the song might be too boring since they have heard it severally while others still consider the song a hit. I'll take yours as an opinion since it's only opinions that differ.

Captain Remus

Captain Remus New Member

Credit:
    FBux61.58
    I honestly felt like that was what caught my attention for the game whenever it was first released. Having a huge music artist produce a song for a game is an excellent marketing strategy. I also like how avenged sevenfold did a few songs for black ops 1 and 2.

spiritaway18

spiritaway18 New Member

Credit:
    FBux37.58
    The ending of Call of Duty is amazing. But the fact Eminem Survival is playing makes it better.

erook7878

erook7878 Casual User

Credit:
    FBux129.76
    Not one of my favorite Eminem songs, but it definitely fit the ending nicely. It was cool to have a rap song in there. Generally, these games have rock or metal soundtracks.

genevb

genevb New Member

Credit:
    FBux102.19
    It definitely was the perfect song to represent the game, I can't see how it didn't won. However the way the videoclip was made still rocks. I think it was a better promoter for the game than the trailer of the game itself.

BradR

BradR New Member

Credit:
    FBux89.76
    I honestly think it deserved to win but maybe that's because I'm a huge fan of Eminem, and it's making me sway towards the song itself. For a Call of Duty game, I think it's the perfect song and I'll be honest, I went through a phase where I was just constantly listening to it.

Squigly

Squigly Casual User

Credit:
    FBux109.45
    It's one of the more well-known songs in FPS videogames, not simply as part of a soundtrack. I think it gave good exposure to the game for the more casual crowd.

rz3300

rz3300 New Member

Credit:
    FBux82.44
    I was glad to hear that this was a nomination too. It is always nice to see recognition for the things we all seem to enjoy but never really think of. There are some other good ones that I can think of, but I like the way that Survival really gets tot heart of the game. I have always liked Eminem too, so that is nice.