Ban All Semi-Automatic Rifles?

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Off-Topic' started by TheAntiUser, Dec 19, 2012.

TheAntiUser

TheAntiUser Member

Credit:
    FBux277.13
    So, as of 2004, the ban was lifted. But, with recent events(need I say?), I feel that an impending reinstatement of the ban will come in to effect in late January/early February. I understand some of the views of Obama. A beta magazine that holds 100 rounds? You're right. It's pointless, hell, I wouldn't want them with my rifle even if I were still in the Air Force.

I feel like the government is taking the easy way out and saying "f*ck it, ban em' all", when that is not the answer. This is a complex situation that requires an equally complex answer. Here are the problems:

1. No background checks at gun conventions. What this basically means is that a convicted felon can go in and buy ANY weapon he wants without being investigated/questioned.

What's the answer? Cancel all gun conventions for three months an give the ATF(Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms) three months to establish a sub-division that deploys to these gun conventions and put the agents in charge of gun sales and hold all weapons until a background check is completed.
    Have local law enforcement give a list of all convicted felons to the bouncers at the front gate, and make all convention-goers present ID and cross-check the name with the list of felons.

2. The variety of magazine sizes. This is an easy fix. As stated above nobody in the world needs a 100-round magazine on a semi-automatic rifle. Simply ban them and establish some sort of trade-in program (mags for gas card, cash, etc.) where people who have them (a very small percentage) trade them in.

3. There are already too many mentally-ill people that own guns or have easy access to them. The fix is a not so easy one, but it's doable. What they need to do is have a massive joint operation between all federal, and state enforcement agencies investigate EVERYONE who owns a rifle. Does this sound plausible? Not really. But, we're the United States of America, where we can defeat a 1-million-man army in 23 days and overcome some of the worst tragedies known to man and still be the strongest nation in the world. It IS possible. I understand that there are millions of millions of gun owners. If this is too much for them to handle, then send out a questionnaire that is built to determine a person's mental health levels to all gun-owners. They have two options, complete it and send it back, or have their licenses revoked.

Tell me what you think. I know this mainly pertains to Americans, but all...most... input is appreciated.

A Tube Of Bengay

A Tube Of Bengay New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    But how will I be able to fend of the Reds or the damned terrorists without my AR-15 accessorized with a foregrip, EOTech Holographic sight, Beta C 100 round magazine?!

How will I be able to show how American I am without being able to have all six of my assault rifles on the gun rack in my super cool truck?

Without my knock-off Kalashnikov, how will I be able to obliterate a lightly, if at all, armed robber?

Bullshit if you ask me, no Commu-Terror-Social-Fasc-ist is gonna take away my irrelevant Amendment that was put in place to defend citizens against occupational forces which no longer exist!

NukeInbound

NukeInbound Member

Credit:
    FBux162.23
    You sir are the last thing I need,a democrat...
    Hell don't get me wrong my vote went straight to Obama but I am still a republican because they represent many aspects of our lives...
    'Kay some kids died because of a mental unstable freak but do not forget, people kill people,not weapons.
    Weapons are merely a tool

TheAntiUser

TheAntiUser Member

Credit:
    FBux277.13
    It's all a part of the Illuminati's plan.. Once they ban all semi-automatic rifles, that would get rid of 70% of the American resistance..

Kazam420

Kazam420 Forum God

Credit:
    FBux400.25
    Why don't we just give out free safes with every gun?

SaKenMadRaj

SaKenMadRaj New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    I've never had a gun and I will never have a gun.. all these people that make up these doomsday scenarios and plan to be ready for them, often are nut jobs..

I'm on the fence when it comes to owning a gun, I feel people should have the right to. But I also believe that we should ban the semi-automatic weapons.. there is no need to have a gun that can take down a small army..

My question is how many lives are saved each year vs how many are taking because of guns (non military actions)... in that question lies my ultimate view..

MegaScampi

MegaScampi Member

Credit:
    FBux280.15
    All this Illumanti crap is bullshit.

If they wanted to keep themselves so secret, why would they put subliminal messages in currency that is used basically all around the world?

TheAntiUser

TheAntiUser Member

Credit:
    FBux277.13
    I don't believe in the Illuminati, nor am I a doomsday prepper. But, I am an American citizen that believes I should have access to a semi-automatic rifle if I want to have one. It is my legal right to own one and until I (I, not some mental dickweed) misuses that right, it should be there.

Kazam420

Kazam420 Forum God

Credit:
    FBux400.25
    I'd rather have semi auto rifles than not. Better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have them. amirite?

NewYorkHatesYou

NewYorkHatesYou New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    Here's my say. Everyone in the Army has an assault rifle or bigger and most people don't go on psychotic killing sprees... And if they do there's clearly something very wrong with them and they're hopefully apprehended. Because its the ******* person. Not the weapon. If you laid a bunch of weapons down along the street the guy who picks one up and starts killing everyone is a ******* lunatic. Normal people don't want to do that. Just like normal people getting drunk don't want to rape everyone... Rapists do... So we need to start taking care f the real problem.. People. We need to take care of our mentally ill more efficiently and before the sick of mind get the chance to finally snap. Lets stop focusing on superficial politics and get down to the real problem. A normal person handling weapons isn't going to go on a rampage.

1 person likes this.
    • Like Like x 1
    TheAntiUser

TheAntiUser Member

Credit:
    FBux277.13

I like you.

NukeInbound

NukeInbound Member

Credit:
    FBux162.23
    That's my point for ****'s sake but these wussies *cough*Pierce Morgan*cough* won't understand...

IG KiLLaBee IV

IG KiLLaBee IV New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00