Black Ops 2 Multiplayer Anyone have a GOLD shield??

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2' started by B3ANTOWN B3A5T, Dec 26, 2012.

B3ANTOWN B3A5T

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    I love me some shield, but i mainly use it as cover after sticking it in the ground.

It seems like it would take forever to get 100 kills with one and i dont even know what other menacing challenges await after that, so i would very much like to hear some input from someone who has achieved golden shield status, or at least is in the process of doing so.

whiskey7jones23

whiskey7jones23 New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    i have a gold shield. it is kinda anoying to get. the best way to level it up imo, is in FFA.
    class set up goes as
    shield
    lightweight and flack
    scav and fast hands
    tack mask
    two concussion nades.

the way you play is basically throw the stun nades on ppl and bash em when they cant move. the trick when bashing them straight on is to WALK at them. dont run because it exposes you too much and you die almost everytime if they spray at you. in FFA look for good spots where you can find one person at a time. also when you throw your nades try to duck behind something, like when you spot them bait them to run at you (which isnt hard cuz to them its a free kill) duck behind a corner or just cover when you throw the nade cuz even with fast hands youll die just trying to get that nade off being exposed. but stun pluss bash one on one is in your favor greatly.

you will have a Hard time trying to go positive leveling the shield but you can prolly get about or more than ten shield kills a game. yep, its a grind. most of the other challenges are kinda more the same. get kills with no perks, bash ppl while they are shooting at your shield, revenge and points from blocking bulletts.. not too bad.

anyways go for it!

B3ANTOWN B3A5T

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    Thanks man. Sounds similar to my early strategy, i just used shocks instead of stuns. Didnt realize the part about running and that is definitely why i get killed all the time haha.

So now for the real question:

???? How sick does a gold shield look????

chilltown

chilltown New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    FWIW, play hardcore when grinding out the kills for the assault shield. It is 1 hit rather than 2 hit kills. I regret making that connection about 3/4s of the way through. Stun grenades sound like they would make sense. I personally used shock charges.

Gold shield looks sick (Diamond is better :) ) I finished my diamond set on specials xmas eve.

B3ANTOWN B3A5T

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    That makes sense. I'll have to try HC with the shield. Checked out some YT vids of the golden shield and yes it is in fact beautiful.

tytlyf

tytlyf Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    I've got the diamond shield which is a combination of gold and diamonds. I think it looks better than just gold.

dpd653

dpd653 New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    Good call on running it through hardcore. A few weeks ago I messed around with it twice and I was a combined 2-30 (in core). I completely suck with it. I went to hardcore tonight threw on more tacticals and went 2-5 when I switched to crossbow. Dont seem like much but it seemed a lot easier than the first few times I messed around on it. If I do grind it out at some point (still have snipers, pistols and assault rifles to diamond) I will be working it in hardcore...

Xero_K

Xero_K Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    Hardcore, as stated, is best. If you flank well, you can sometimes catch groups off guard, and this will be instrumental with a couple of the challenges. Also, nothing like getting a killfeed with it ^^.
    Once you get the 100 kills, these will await you:

25 kills with no perks equipped: This, honestly, is the worst one. I suggest doing this first. Flanking is very important and walk while crouched if you're sighted. You want this out of the way ASAP.

25 kills with no weapons equipped: Not as bad as the no perks, but be careful, stuns, flashes etc count against this. That means the stuns and shock charges won't be helping and flanking once again is a biggy. It really sucks, but I would suggest getting a class with just the shield and taking care of this and the last one right away as it'll save time. You can also complete the no perks and then this one, and this challenge will go by a LOT easier. (I have experience with both methods because I didn't realize that stuns weren't allowed at first, so after finishing the previous challenge like this, I finished the last few kills of this with perks and it went by very smoothly.)

Kills on enemies who shot/ are shooting your shield: I believe it's 25 kills again, but this is one of the easier challenges, as this should occur naturally whether used in core or hardcore. If you're perfect at flanking, then it may take longer, but not terrifyingly so.

Absorb 10000 damage: Might be wrong on the number, but I don't think I am. By far the easiest, as you just use the shield as you normally would. LMG users are your friends. ;)

Get 25 Combat Ax kills while using the Assault Shield: Unlike the others (except maybe the last one) I suggest completing this in core. Honestly, anything with the Combat Ax is a bit better done in core, and the main reason for going into HC is the one-hit with the shield. Depending on your abilities with the tomahawk, this maybe be a bit difficult and/ or time consuming, but not as bad as the perkless one.

I believe I got them all here. One godsend here is that no bloodthirsties are required (although I got one whilst flanking in HC...). Honestly, once you have the 100 kills, the special challenges on the shield are one of the easier/ faster ones to complete. Hell, I'm still stuck on the Crossbow Bloodthirsty.

Good perks to use (probably with the 3 greeds):
    -Lightweight/ Ghost
    -If you're utilizing equipment, and of course Tomahawks, Fast Hands. Then pair it up with Scavenger.
    -Tactical Mask/ Extreme Conditioning -or- Engineer

I'd say the tier 3's are the only ones that are too finicky. Tactical Mask is amazing. Stuns sorta tap you, flashes and shock charges are basically useless against you; great for those moments in hc where enemies try to stun you just to get a swift shield bash to the face (happens in core too, but the second bash doesn't always connect before you go down). It also means you won't accidently screw yourself if you missthrow one. Now, sprinting head long will often get you killed, but extreme conditioning does excel in the use of flaking, and if you do successfully get behind a group, you want to put down all of them as quickly as possible (with the assistance of a charge or concussion if possible). This is easier with that perk. Engineer is great too, but it's better on classes with Care Packages, Black Hats, EMP grenades, or even just guns. The delay also won't protect you from Shock Charges most of the time, so while it is useful, tactical mask will do you better, so just be aware if you're sneaking up on a camper to stay crouched and betties won't touch you.

Another side note, on the occasion you run into another shielder, bash him head on; I haven't the slightest clue why, but shields ignore each other in this game.

All of that said, one thing that may turn a lot of players away is the generally bad k/d with the shield. If this concerns you, my best advice is know when and when not to use it: If the enemies cover their flanks well, or the map isn't flanker-friendly, or you're just dying a lot for whatever reason, change it up and try more later, or have multiple setups for different situations. During the game I got the aforementioned bloodthirsty medal with it, I actually went fairly positive and was the top scorer on my team (and we won, iirc, but I'd rather go know for sure before saying that), so it is possible to have really good games using it, but map knowledge will often save you more than stuns/ charges (although they're a big help). It only took me a few hours to finish those challenges, so they aren't too scary, but the one I seriously could not wait to be done with was the "no perks" one, they help sooooo much.

Best of luck!

samithedood

samithedood Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    I have that shit diamond My tips... dexterity to increase melee speed, fast hands and concussion grenadesx2 are super handy to incapacitate people and make them easy to kill, scavenger and lightweight are also useful, to keep ur nades full and increase your speed other perks such as tac mask and flak jacket might be handy if people are spamming nades at you.

B3ANTOWN B3A5T

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    Thanks for all the tips guys.

I'm well on my way to getting the 100 kills, its just the tomahawk one that scares me now. I'm terrible with those things. Kinda seems like a weird requirement anyway.

Xero_K

Xero_K Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    I agree, but if you want some practice, Sticks and Stones would be a good place. If you ever want to go for diamond, it'll give you experience with the other two specials as well (minus the combat knife). I guess just take every easy kill you can; when someone's standing still, or running in a straight line toward/ away from you, it's generally just aim and throw (upper body, or higher if you're going for long distance). You may find that you can use it like you'd use your shield bash and get some good kills that way, while picking up the axe right away. I didn't get a ton of bankshots or longshots or anything craxy like that.

Impressiff

Impressiff New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    All good stuff, but want to correct what someone said earlier. When you go for 25 kills with no weapon attached, you CAN use tactical grenades, you can't have a weapon or lethal grenade equipped though. I've got mine diamond as well. Oh, and while I'm thinking about it. It was also mentioned that you want to WALK towards the enemy you just concussed. This is well and all except the effect will wear off by the time you get there. I'd suggest running at them at an angle. Since they can't turn fast when concussed.

umbaga

umbaga Frequent Poster

Credit:
    FBux17.23
    I was just working on that challenge recently. Kills acquired while using only shock charges were counted. Kills acquired while using the Tactician wild card, shock charges in the original tactical slot, and flash grenades in the converted lethal slot were not counted.

I don't know if this was because of the slot filled was originally for lethal equipment or if the use of flash grenades was the cause of those kills not being counted.

JohnStryker69

JohnStryker69 Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    Ran into a good time going against a guy with a shield in the engine room of Hijacked. He obviously was going for gold, or so I think. He'd hide in one of the corners of the engine room, wait for someone to walk by, then chase them down and finish them. He also would camp at the base of the ladders and a guy would go right past him down the ladder without noticing. More kills. I either tried to get behind him and work my shotgun, or lob grenades.

Assassinyoutube

Assassinyoutube New Member

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    I never saw a gold shiled before.

B3ANTOWN B3A5T

Credit:
    FBux0.00
    Im working on a gold shield montage featuring a buddy and myself. Should be done in a day or so. They're beautiful